Pirate 101 Tips for character creation:
- Note: the witchdocter almost gets no armor gear at all! this is because he can not use light or heavy armor items. In beta 80% (estimate) of found armor is either light or heavy. This may affect your choice in this character class.
- Furthermore, privateer has light armor, buccaneer heavy, swashbuckler has light armor and the musketeer probably has light armor as well.
- Warning! I have read rumors that it may not be possible to change your companion/flag colors you selected at the beginning of character creation. The two colors you select for your flag come back on your companions. So select with care.
- STOP and pick/research your companions before character creation! Before you do anything research the companions you want. your selections of awnsers such as how your parents died affects the companion you get. You don't want to end up with companions you don't want. You could check Pirate 101 tips blog section of companions tips.
- Big names VS small names. You also have empty slots in naming your character. You can use these to shorten your name. You could name yourself golden Kathie, without a last name
- Naming yourself. Don't pick negative names such as cowardly for obvious reasons.
- Looks are important! Though you are free to look as you want, you might want to not look painful to the eyes if you want lots of friends on pirate 101.
- Don't miss out content! I suggest you look at all the awesome movies that each question and answer in character creation gives you. Instead of just selecting the one you want.
- Select the right homeland! if you known you want to be a bucanneer don't select the country of ninja pigmen for example. You will miss out the bonus that is meant for your character.